So the seat hangers are like this. Little H shaped brackets that are angled in three dimensions to match the curves of the canoe approximately. The top is bolted to the inwhale with the threaded inserts I installed way back when I made the gunwhales. The seat frame rests on the lower horizontal piece and has two small bolts that go through both parts to hold them in place.



There it is in place. It lines up with my masking tape alignment tool.



Add a seat frame to it…



and install.



I want to have the seats covered with a waxed canvas piece which gets laced underneath. But I want the canoe in the water even more, so I made some plywood covers. These will let me use the canoe now while I figure out how to sew the seat covers I actually want.

They’re just friction fit in place with some blocks of wood on the underside.